6 beers win awards at the World Beer Challenge
Brewery De Brabandere has received some great news, winning no less than six awards at the famous World Beer Challenge in Portugal.
Bavik Super Pils, Petrus Nitro Cherry & Chocolate and Demi de Mêlée won a gold medal.
Bavik Super Wit, Red by Petrus and Petrus Aged Pale snatched a silver medal.
Our family brewery has won prizes before with its beers, but winning 6 medals in a single competition is quite unique. Our Bavik Super Pils also scored an almost perfect 97 out of 100. Noteworthy is that both Bavik Super Wit and Demi de Mêlée, our new references, won prizes at their first competition.
The World Beer Challenge is an annual beer competition in Portugal where breweries and beers from all over the world compete for a beautiful award. For three days, a blind tasting panel tastes all the participating beers, after which they receive a score. The 2021 edition had more than 600 participating beers from different continents.
The complete overview:
- Bavik Super Pils received a gold medal in the "International-Style Pilsner" category.
- Petrus Nitro Cherry & Chocolate received a gold medal in the "Experimental Beer" category.
- Demi de Mêlée received a gold medal in the "Belgian Style Blonde Ale" category.
- Petrus Aged Pale received a silver medal in the "Other Belgian Style Sour Ale" category.
- RED by Petrus received a silver medal in the "Wood and Barrel Aged Beer" category.
- Bavik Super Wit received a silver medal in the "Belgian Style Witbier" category.